Spinal Adjustments

Adjustment_2.jpgChiropractic adjustments, or spinal manipulations as they're sometimes referred to, are the minor movement of a vertebrae, which are the bones of the spine. These bones serve to protect the most important thing in your body, the spinal cord. The objective of this movement is to realign vertebrae that have moved out of place for a number of reasons ranging from normal daily activity, poor posture or repetitive motions, to trauma such as a fall or car accident.  This misalignment is also known as a subluxation, which is what Chiropractors are trained to find.  

When these vertebrae are out of place, it has an overall systemic effect over function of the Central Nervous System.  The brain controls every system in the body. Without proper alignment and communication from all nerves and systems to the brain, we can't function at our best.  Some people do not think they need to see a Chiropractor unless they are in pain.  However, only 10% of our nervous system tells us we are in pain!  The other 90% is functions of the body such as digestion, heart rate, breathing and the use of all 5 of our senses. Most people wait until some noticeable dis-function or "symptoms" arise in these systems before they decide to seek treatment.   Many of them seek treatment from their Medical Doctor first, only to find themselves on a prescription medication that may not be necessary, if their body was functioning properly. 

A spinal adjustment is a specific manipulation of the position of the vertebrae, performed by a licensed Chiropractor, utilizing their hands or an instrument (such as an Activator) to move the vertebrae back into place. This happens with a quick, specific movement and is often without discomfort. You may hear a noise that sounds like you're cracking your knuckles or popping bubble wrap referred to as joint cavitation. It is the release of gases such as oxygen and nitrogen from the joint capsue and does not cause harm to the body.  When patients are uncomfortable with hearing this sound, Dr. Lassiter uses a low-force technique by using a hand held adjusting tool called an Activator.  The sound of the joint cavitation is generally not heard using this method, however, it is gentle and very effective.  Parents who bring their infants and children in for spinal adjustments can feel at ease, because Chiropractic is safe and effective for all ages, and using the Activator can make that experience a positive one for everyone.  Dr. Laura has been adjusting her own 3 kids since the day they were born!

Overall, spinal adjustments are an excellent way to keep the body functioning at its optimal level. When the spine is in alignment, the body is able to respond and perform as it was designed to.  The human body is amazing and it can heal itself, as long as it doesn't have any interference.  Call and schedule an appointment or consultation today with Dr. Laura Lassiter at 701-890-BACK (2225)!

Contact Me

Send Me An Email Today!

My Location

Find me on the map

Office Hours

Find Out When I Am Open

Monday:

9:00 am-3:00 PM

4:00 pm-6:00 pm

Tuesday:

9:00 am-3:00 PM

4:00 pm-6:00 pm

Wednesday:

11:00 am-3:00 PM

4:00 pm-6:00 pm

Thursday:

9:00 am-3:00 PM

4:00 pm-6:00 pm

Friday:

9:00 am-3:00 PM

Saturday:

Closed, By appointment only

Sunday:

Closed (Emergency only, after hours fees apply)